We start the year by welcoming our new Key Account Manager Henrik Eklund on board at Xllnc. Henrik comes from Dustin where he´s been developing the business area for Print, before that he held the position as Account Manager at HP.
If you sum up these twelve years working with print related services in the IT industry, what is the biggest shift within document management so far?
- The biggest thing that has happened is digitalization and all the new opportunities available through this shift. With that said, surprisingly few organizations use the technology available. It has taken quite some time for the printing market to wake up. On the other hand this means that it is a great deal that can be done in organizations cost wise, in terms of consolidation, security and in change of workflow and processes.
In what way?
- A lot of companies has not done anything related to their printing device for the past five to six years or even more. They´ve had the same old printer and the reason why is often because the printer is not included in the strategic plan for digitalization, how to handle the printer of the digital workplace.
Why do you think this is the case?
- If you go back a couple of years in time the printer was not precieved as an IT-device, for some companies it took a very long time before it became an IT-related product. In some case it´s been the finance department that had ownership of the printers.
It's strange because it's actually a computer and a lot of important information passes through?
- Yes, the reason why the change is happening now is partly due to the very thing that it's about safety and security. The printer is highly relevant and important from a holistic approach, not the least by reason of GDPR which enters into force in May.
What are the risks and possibilities related to print and document management?
- There are risks and possibilities surrounding both the output and input. The most obvious risk is managing documents with highly classified information so it does not get into the wrong hands. In order to eliminate risks like that the “Follow Me” came wide on the market supporting that document are not released until the printer verifies the user at the printer. There are risks and possibilities when it comes to input too. The risks would be not to be aware of the printer as a device in the organization, such as a computer holding a lot of information and not take precautions. Possibilities open up for when there is an understanding that the printer is the entrance device for digitization of the work place.
An entrance device, can you please explain?
- Absolutely. Today searching for information is a cost for any organization, both when it comes to resources and budget. An example; an employee needs to get an invoice from a provider that is kept in the basement. It takes time to get there and also to find it. If the company hade digitized the invoice the employee could easy search the document by its invoice number while sitting by his or her computer instead. The printer is the digital entrance to digitalize this kind of information.
Why did you choose to step onboard Xllnc journey forward?
- I am impressed by how Xllnc has built the company strategically correct, meaning it´s based on a customer perspective. Internally the organization holds a full logistics center with the right key persons important for the customer. It looks to me that Xllnc simply has got one thing in focus, the customer, when the delivery and organization has been put together and that it is really awesome.