" What fascinates me the most is how the industry is changing so rapidly. I have a degree in innovation where focus is on the fast-changing industries and how to handle it."
Hi Laura and welcome to Xllnc! You will take on a new role as coordinator in the sales team, tell us?
- Hello Ninni, thanks, it feels great to be here. Yes, exactly, Xllnc has built a large sales organization with several Key Account Managers who work closely with our customers. My role is placed back-office where I together with the team will be setting the processes for, and coordinate the administrative flows. The aim is to release time for our Key Account Managers so that they can have full focus on our customers. With this role we avoid duplication of work and get a more efficient sales organisation.
You also write on your master thesis in Management at Stockholm Business School. What is your focus?
- That's right, soon I will be finished with my master dealing with results-oriented management. On the basis of my thesis I´ll try to highlight the importance of internal efficiency as well as external efficiency. Many companies focus on the external efficiency, profitability and financial targets, such as budget for instance which of course is very important. My thesis though is that the organization will be even more successful and prosperous if we integrate the external efficiency of the internal in the targeting.
Can you give examples of internal efficiency?
- The internal efficiency is about the soft factors of an organization; leadership, motivation, working climate and environment. Stuff like if people are comfortable in their workplace or not. Creativity, not to be forgotten, an incredibly important parameter.
Organizational development seems to be your passion?
- Absolutely it is, and innovation. Ideas to my master runs partly out of an ongoing conversation that I have with my grandfather. He has worked as a Management Consultant for fifty years and has led me to open my eyes to the subject.
Aside from your studies, you have been working on Xllnc sister company Xllnc Advise, what was your role?
- I was working as a recruiter. During the study period, I wanted a job to combine with my studies. I had the focus set on recruitment so why it became the IT industry is more of a coincidence. At first I was actually a little sceptical about whether I would have enough knowledge or not, but it has worked out well. I've realized that, on the contrary, it is precisely within the IT industry I want to be.
Interesting, what did you discover that made you come to that realization?
- What fascinates me the most is how the industry is changing so rapidly. I have a degree in innovation where focus is on the fast-changing industries and how to handle it. Even if I didn't have that much knowledge of IT when I started at Xllnc Advise, I realized the need of constant learning to be "on your toes" and focused on technology development in a rapid pace. It is skills that are needed, to be open to and always like to learn new. Innovation is the key for success.